Monday, August 7, 2017

From the Department of "NOW I've Seen Everything"

Okay, first off, I'm going to admit that this is a blatant 'filler post' that has nothing to do with writing. The fact is, once again I was unprepared this morning, then got home late, had a late dinner, so here we are, with me trying to maintain something of a schedule. Then again, maybe you'll find something inspiring.

On the way home from work this afternoon, I heard this story on the radio. My first thought was, "Are you effing kidding me?" And let me tell you, my inner voice was not saying this in that "Wow, how cool is that?" sort of tone, but in tones that were condescending, snide, and snarky.

But I'll also admit the "Are you effing kidding me?" was quickly followed by another thought: "I'm going to have to Youtube that." And so, I give you three words that have no business going together: Dog Surf Competition. Enjoy.



And, in a classic example of falling down the internet rabbit hole, here's Kama, the surfing pig.



Ever surfed? Ever surfed with a pig or a dog? Tell us about it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I've seen surfing dogs before. Old news! The pig is a new one to me, but as Dick King Smith would attest, pigs can do anything dogs can do, can't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked briefly with pigs--honestly, they reminded me very much of dogs in terms of behavior and personality.

      Delete
  2. People doing things with their pets, I love. I just hope the animals enjoy it. That's devotion if they don't. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not abundantly clear that all of those dogs are really enjoying themselves. THen again, I suppose most surfers aren't riding waves with big grins on their faces, either.

      Delete

Alas, due to an overwhelming tide of spam from Anonymous commenters, you must now be a registered user to comment. Sorry, folks, I hope it does not cause inconvenience.