Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday? Monday.

Wow, here it is, Monday already and I feel like I just did this. That's what happens when you get off schedule, I guess. This will be one of those disorganized posts, random collections of musings and all that sort of stuff.

-I'm need of more coffee right about now.

-Was back at my writing group yesterday for the first time in a month--it's amazing how easy it is to get into bad habits. While I may not have produced anything usable, it was good to back.

-Stacy McKitrick's Ghostly Liaison is out today--congratulations to Stacy and best of luck!

-The Super Bowl matchup is set--do you care?

-The temperature here actually crept above the freezing mark for the first time in two week--hurrah!

-Currently reading Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill. This was Hill's debut novel. Hill, of course, is Joseph Hillstrom King, son of Stephen King. It's interesting to see the stylistic similarities between son and father.


-Jane Friedman had some interesting posts from her time at Digital Book World last week. Check it out!

-I'm definitely in need of more coffee right now.


-I was going to go for some music here, but I can't find anything that quite fits the mood. How was your weekend? See you on Friday!



6 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you so much for the shout! Much appreciated. :)
    RE: Superbowl. I will NOT be watching it this year. That should tell you enough, right?
    RE: reading. I read that book on the recommendation of a friend. I found it interesting. If I had more time to read, I'd probably read more by him.

    My weekend was good. Attended a chapter meeting Saturday. That always motivates me. This time it's motivated me to really get back to my WIP. Sadly, it has to wait. Not only for my editing project, but because I got 9 books in the mail today that I have to judge by March 1. Well, at least I'll get ahead in my reading goal for a bit! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday, Jeff! I'll definitely be watching the Super Bowl. I root for Tom Brady and The Patriots every year :) Mmmm...coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be fun for King to see his son carrying on in daddy's footsteps. Superbowl? That wasn't yesterday? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. -Stacy--at least the Ravens didn't make it, right? Nine books? Well, at least you're a fast reader! I hope they're good.

    -Suzie-I have no dog in this fight, but I'll pull for the Pats, too. And, no surprise, I'm having coffee now!

    -Donna--no doubt, there are those who will say "The X vs. Y game was the REAL Super Bowl, because either of them would clean Z's clock." Yeah, I imagine Dad is kind of proud of his son there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only reason I care about the Super Bowel is that my brother and sister live in Phoenix. :) I'd be very interested to see if Stephen King's son's writing appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny--It's a pretty good story, and written well. There's a 'King' feel to it, but not to the point where I feel like I'm reading a knock-off or rip-off. It's good enough that I would definitely read his other work. Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete

Alas, due to an overwhelming tide of spam from Anonymous commenters, you must now be a registered user to comment. Sorry, folks, I hope it does not cause inconvenience.